Principal Consultant, Neuralify, Boston, MA —1/2017-Present
- Run Neuralify University, a program to develop skilled builders and managers of digital workforces using Automation Anywhere.
- Built an RPA engagement team from scratch, including hiring and training processes.
- Developed value engineering workshop business development model and a methodology for delivery of RPA projects.
- Developed internal and external training for business development and delivery.
- Actively direct engagements at strategic accounts implementing Automation Anywhere.
Product Manager, S5 Stratos, Dallas, TX — 9/2016-1/2017
- Reconceived a complicated, numerical retail software product into a simple, visual product.
- Designed and implemented features that transformed retail logistics numbers into usable information in a buyer’s decision-making context.
- Acquired company’s first customer with the newly redesigned product.
Sr. RPA Engagement Manager, Disys, Dallas, TX — 12/2015-6/2016
- Managed a team of ten developing a three state robotic process automation process to adjudicate medical claims in the exchanges using Automation Anywhere.
- Improved process throughput by just under 40%.
- Developed controls for regulatory compliance: confidentiality, integrity, and HIPPA.
- Overcame extremely difficult RPA problems and invented new ways of solving previously intractable problems.
Manager Enterprise Architecture, MetLife Mortgage Bank, Dallas, TX — 11/2010-12/2012
- Managed programs to deliver on the COO’s go-to-market strategy.
- Implemented automation for cross-functional processes in underwriting, servicing, and compliance. Managed several project managers working on compliance issues.
- Instituted a data stewardship program to improve data quality quality. Managed 51 data stewards throughout the business.
- Created company-wide data quality training programs and certifications for PIC and FINRA compliance. Data quality metrics improved by almost 30%.
- Developed a reference architecture for the business, instituted architecture roadmap and review program, instituted a micro-services project for legacy servicing applications.
I think it’s important to distinguish between teamwork and group work. Group work is about concensus and delivers at the lowest common denominator.
By contrast, teamwork delivers the greatest common multiple. Teamwork takes the objectively best intellectual contributions from an expert and integrates those contributions with the work of experts in other areas. It’s about fostering professional discussions that aim at results. Getting those results is what I do.
With three years building profitable Robotic Process Automation teams, I run Neuralify University, a leading provider of RPA training and education. My job is to train artisans of the mind, architects and engineers who implement intelligent software using Automation Anywhere.
As part of my varied duties at a startup, I help sales, marketing, and I run engagements at strategic accounts. I help clients with implementations, digital transformation of the business, operations and management of digital workforces, engagement planning, and value engineering.
To make our teams great, I developed the engagement methodology and value engineering approach here at Neuralify.
I was responsible for designing and implementing cutting edge algorithms and applications that give instant, trusted recommendations for seriously difficult retail buying and distribution problems – right down to the style/color and size level.
I used novel mathematical methods and uncompromisingly rigorous testing and simulation. I managed the teams that developed code and serviced our customers.
Managed programs to deliver on the COO’s go-to-market strategy.
- Implemented automation for cross-functional business processes in underwriting, servicing, and compliance.
- Instituted a data stewardship program to transfer ownership of data quality from IT to the business. Managed data stewards through the business.
- Created company-wide data quality training programs and certifications for PIC and FINRA compliance.
- Developed a reference architecture for the business, and instituted a micro-services retrofit program for legacy applications.